Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How Long?

Sometimes I wonder just how long the Lord will let me go along in my own little ways of stubborn disobedience and misery- when I just KNOW that I am SO right and that others have SO wronged me. Separating myself & justifying it under the cover of being busy or tired or whatever the excuse for the day may be.
It's in places like this that I see just how wretched I am and just how much I need the Lord to heal the hurt places in my heart- that while people can hurt like daggers to my heart, the Lord sees purpose in all of it. (and that the biggest dagger is sometimes the one in my very own hand, bent on destroying my own life)
Oh that I would lay it all down (including the nasty dagger in my own hand) and trust the Lord for restoration...

No comments:

Post a Comment