Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Big News... Big bills...

Ok, so last Thursday, I received my unofficial acceptance to Richmont! Rejoice with me!!! This Monday, I received in the mail my formal acceptance letter, as well as some further direction about my decision to attend there in the fall of this year. This whole process is going to take some legit faith and funding- both of these come from the Lord, so I am praying some pretty radical things right now & would love your support. First, I am praying that if this is not what the Lord has for me, to please slam the doors shut in my face. Second, I am praying that He would use this whole experience to grow my faith in Him (which is scary, because in order to grow, our faith must be put to the test and refined by fire). Thirdly, I am praying for $400 in extra income to send to the school to secure my spot in the fall class. (praise the Lord I have sold some earrings! Thanks, ya'll!)
There are many other prayers to be prayed, but I want to take this whole process one step at a time. Looking at it in its entirety is far too overwhelming since the cost of attending is so great. I also covet your prayers concerning the scholarships I will be applying for in the coming weeks.

I read some very encouraging scripture this morning concerning riches... 1 Chronicles 29 regarding gifts for rebuilding the temple. David's praise to the Lord starting in verse 10 is beautiful...

"Praise be to you, O Lord, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. 11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. 12 Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. 13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. 14 But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand." ...

(bold emphasis added by me!) Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment