Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Picking up the Pieces...

Quite literally, today. I'm on vacation this week & was hoping for a wonderful getaway from real life to get alone in the quiet places with Jesus and to seek Him about what to do now that some dreams have been shattered (ie grad school). Well, I'll be honest, I have not really been diligent in seeking Him since I've been on this vacation and He allowed something to happen today that has brought a lot of insight to this little season I am in...
Today, I was watching the Adams' little girl while they are both at work, and I was about to take her for a walk in the neighborhood when someone came knocking on the front door. I peeked through the peep hole and saw a little Asian woman standing outside. I opened the door and she proceeded to ask if I was the owner of the white car outside. I am. She apparently was in a huge hurry and backed out of her driveway across the street at mach-90 and rammed into the back passenger side of my car, sending shards of broken taillight as far as 13 feet away, and leaving a huge dent and scrape marks bigger than the size of a basketball....
Don't worry, Shanaynay is still drivable, and her insurance is paying to repair her and for me to drive a rental around for a few days. (My luck it'll be something like a Prius) I'm taking her to their claim center back in GA when I get home from vacation....

Basically, as I sit here and think about the shards of taillight I picked up off the ground and how it is seemingly impossible to repair- I know I couldn't do it- and how it is going to be about a week before she is made whole again, I couldn't help but see these parallels:

1. I can't do it alone
2. The pieces are not going to be put back together, but replaced with a whole new one
3. It's going to take some time
4. It's going to be ok
5. I don't know what it will cost, but Someone is taking care of it for me
6. He has everything under control
7. There's a reason for it all
8. In both instances, I was even a little angry, but was able to emit Grace instead because of Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment