Sunday, October 9, 2011

Long Days and Great Gifts

Week 3 completed of my apprenticeship at the salon, check! This week was a lot smoother as far as me knowing what in the world was going on, keeping up with the fast-paced schedule, and my body being used to the hours & being on feet all day. Praise the Lord! I feel like the Lord has placed some pretty incredible people in my life who are absolutely 100% not ashamed of the Gospel and who share Christ with no fear and total confidence and boldness (at least they seem that way to me!)
Anywho, I started praying that that would be me- totally unashamed and totally comfortable in sharing Jesus, whom I love, with hurting people I come into contact with (and most likely shampoo at some point of my talking to them!) Little did I know, that God would send a sweet little fifth grader my way on Saturday, named Grace. She spoke to me like a grown-up and I so enjoyed her sweet spirit as she sat at the shampoo bowl while I shampooed her hair! She was telling me about her friends and what her family was doing this weekend, and so on... I finished rinsing her conditioner and walked with her back to the chair and proceeded to brush out her hair. The stylist came and began her haircut as I observed and she started talking about school and her friends again. I leaned in closer to hear what she was saying as she proceeded to talk about how she had a friend who was Hindu, and how she shared Christ with her friend, and how He is the only one true God. I choked back tears- partially because it was such a sweet picture of how we should share the Gospel with the people around us, and partially because I was ashamed at how fearful I become sometimes and I don't share because of it. How beautiful it was, and such a simple delivery, from the mouth of Grace.

This one step of obedience, of quitting a full-time job with some "security" about it, has revolutionized my entire life. Each new day, my eyes are being opened to the opportunities for ministry- even if it's only a silent prayer over someone as I shampoo their hair- I am humbled and eager to taste and see even more how beautiful and good He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment