Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Confessions.

Ok, so I have to confess... it is now officially "mid-June" and I am ridiculously, anxiously awaiting to hear back from Richmont about scholarships. I also have to confess, I don't think it's gonna happen. Not that I don't think I did a great job on my applications, I just have that feeling like maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up- maybe there's something else around the corner...

I also have to confess that I think it is sad that my generation grew up being told to dream as big as we could, and we made it through college, only to graduate into such a failing economy. I have so many sweet, dear friends who are talented beyond belief, who are working crappy jobs, barely getting by. Oh wait, that's me too...

I have to confess that this world does not satisfy me, and I am not impressed to sit behind this desk so that I can do what? Pay bills, eat, and do it all again? I confess that life is empty apart from Christ being in it, and there is no joy to be found in what I do, if not to the glory of God.

I confess that I forget those truths sometimes.

I confess that I want to live wildly, madly, passionately- oh that HE would awaken me to find true LIFE and LOVE in HIM that would not rely on my circumstances...

Feels good to confess.

No comments:

Post a Comment